TYPES OF WASTE
AVOID BEING CHARGED MORE BY IDENTIFYING THE TYPE OF WASTE
TANGOSKIPS SKIP BIN HIRE
Waste can come in many different forms. Identifying the type of waste you have for removal will make it easier for you to decide on the type and size of skip bin you may want to hire. It can also help you avoid being charged more than your original quoted price.
Most skip bin companies are licensed to collect all kinds of waste. However, certain types of waste are prohibited to be placed in skips. Or they may require a different form of disposal. The placement of some types of waste into the bin that has not been specified earlier can result in additional charges when the bin is collected. It is important that you correctly identify the type of waste you are throwing out so that you do not incur additional fees during collection.
Our simplified table below provides some basic guidelines on the classification of waste used by most skip bin hire companies.
|WASTE TYPE||WHAT YOU CAN PUT||WHAT YOU CANNOT PUT|
|General waste bins||This includes all types of household waste or light materials like clothing, toys, cardboard boxes, wood, furniture, white ware, plastics, carpets, curtains and so forth||Construction or building materials like soil, rocks, concrete, tiles.|
|Building/Construction/Renovation bins||Waste generated from home improvements, repairs and renovations. May include building waste like concrete, tiles, bricks and general waste||It is a good idea to specify whether your waste is light construction or heavy materials at the time of booking so you can hire the right size bin.|
|Dirt bins||Dirt can include dirt, sand and soil||No other waste can be put in.|
|Bricks and concrete bins||Only bricks and concrete||No other waste can be put in.|
|Green waste||Organic waste usually generated from gardening and landscaping for example grass clippings, wood chips, branches, fence paling, wood and so forth||No other waste can be put in. Please note: tree stumps cannot be placed into these skips.|
|Asbestos||Asbestos||Please specify if you have asbestos.|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR SKIP BIN
- Do not overfill the skip bin or they can spill out and be blown away. This can become a health and safety issue for pedestrians, road users or residents.
- Do not put perishable waste in your skip bin (for example food and drinks). Food can rot, resulting in unpleasant odours in the atmosphere.
- Do not place oil or paint into the skip. Dry paint in tins with covers are acceptable.
- Do not put insulation materials into the skip bin.
- Do not place any chemicals or empty chemical containers, syringes, etc into a skip.
- Do not place tree trunks into a skip.
- Inflammable waste like gas bottles cannot be placed into a skip bin.
- Car batteries are acceptable but please place them on top of the skip.
- Steel and aluminium are acceptable but please place them on top of the skip.
- Tyres and mattresses are acceptable but may incur an additional charge so please check with your skip bin hire operator
- Asbestos. Please check with the skip bin provider.
Tangoskips Skip Bin Hire Sydney is licensed to carry all types of domestic and commercial waste and rubbish. If you do not see what you are after in the table above, that does not mean we cannot collect it from you. Give us a call to discuss your specific needs and we will be more than happy to help you.
Call us also if you are not sure about the types of waste or if you have mixed waste. We can be reached 24/7 on our 0422 222 468 number. We are more than happy to give you the right advice on the type, size and price of the skip bin you will need to hire.
HOW TO HIRE A SKIP BIN FROM TANGOSKIPS SYDNEY
Tangoskips is licensed to dispose of all types of waste including asbestos. We have bins of all sizes to suit any type of project whether it’s a simple spring clean, a building and construction project, a demolition project, a home improvement or repair job, or gardening and landscaping.
To hire one of our skips, simply complete our online form here: